We strongly recommend that interested parties contact us prior to lodging an application to discuss ideas and innovations for grant funding. Please refer to the Julia Farr MS McLeod Benevolent Fund Guidelines prior to contacting us.
The Guidelines are available below for download.
- Trustees are less inclined to consider applications they believe are more appropriately funded elsewhere e.g. through government funding such as NDIS
- Trustees may have a strong preference for applications that can demonstrably advance people’s life chances and which involve the intended beneficiaries in the direction of the initiative (e.g. through governance)
- Grants are awarded for fixed terms only, and are not awarded for ongoing service delivery (over and above the period of innovation).
Previous ideas funded through the Julia Farr MS McLeod Benevolent Fund have included initiatives in:
- Building networks of social connection in people’s lives
- Supported decision making
- Disability research
- Youth mentorship
- Information networks
- New approaches to personal support
- Employment initiatives.