Families4Families: ABI Support Network
Families4Families: ABI Support Network was established by people living with acquired brain injury and their families as a result of consultation and research work undertaken by Flinders University and funds provided by Julia Farr MS McLeod Benevolent Fund in 2012.
Families4Families: ABI Support Network involved the development of peer networks run for and by people living with acquired brain injury and their families. While offering a social impact, the focus was in mindful support and capacity building.
Key outcomes included:
- Development of an extensive network of peer support groups in metropolitan Adelaide and country SA.
- Development of a reputable methodology.
- Development of individual planning mechanisms.
- Secured NDIS funding to continue work.
- Creation of a new consumer controlled community organisation.
More information on Families4Families can be found at http://families4families.org.au/